Monday, September 13, 2010

Just Call Me Annie Oakley

In my eyes, this weekend marked the beginning of fall. I was spending my Saturday in New Hampshire at a Wine and Brew Fest...twenty or so wineries and breweries coming together to share their fabulous autumn brew. I was attending with my friend Tracy who suggested we go shooting before this. Yes, you just read that correctly, shooting. Prior to this, I had never shot a gun, never held a gun, and for that matter, never even saw a gun up close! It was very empowering but guns still scare me. I don't think I will be joining the NRA any time soon.

Here was my clothing dilemma. I needed something that would look and feel fall-ish for the Brew Fest but also something that I could wear shooting. Tracy gave me specifics, nothing low cut and closed toe shoes. Once again, I was craving the cool fall weather, but it just wasn't so. I finally decided on jeans, sperry shoes, a mustard yellow scoop neck top from forever21 and a tweed vest from the gap. It was a mix of the seasons, a little summer and a little fall. So how did I look in tweed, shooting a gun??

Overall, it was a great day. It was probably the most New Hampshire day ever. The morning was spent shooting guns and the afternoon drinking beer. Thanks Tracy and Co. for an amazing way to begin fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment