Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bring it Back

As I head back to school after Thanksgiving, I began to reflect upon the past year. Professionally, my life has changed immensely (despite the fact that I am stilllll living at home with the "roommates"). Last year at this time I was just completely my masters. I was ending my student teaching in an upper middle class suburban school. Since completing my masters, I entered the world of an urban school teacher. Both of my parents teach in the same district but it was just a weeee bit different than my previous school. My Spanish language background quickly came in handy. And look at me this year, teaching 3rd grade in a classroom that used to be a closet in a urban area. While to some, it seems like hell, I love it. It is difficult and often tests my patience, but I wouldn't want to be any where else. I see myself teaching in an urban area as my way of serving my country. 

Here is the outfit I wore on the first day back. It turned out of be quite a relaxing way to ease into school. My students impressed me with the amount of knowledge they retained over the Thanksgiving break. 




Dress: Ann Taylor LOFT 
Tights: HUE
Boots: Ralph Lauren 
Head Band: Ann Taylor LOFT 

My mother aka my photographer wanted a "festive" picture near one of the many trees in our house. The trees will probably make a continuing appearance throughout the month of December. 

3 comments:

  1. Really like the dress. I often find myself shying away from stripes but you wear them well.

    Also, I LOoOoOoOoOooooOOOOoOVE scoop neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or whatever kind of neck you'd call that..... I LOoOoOoOoOooooOOOOoOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only like teaching in those challenging areas. Those are the best students and I love seeing them grow!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete