Friday, January 14, 2011

Fashion Friend Friday

This week is my first being part of ModlyChic's fashion friend Friday. She emails out questions and we all answer them on Fridays. I figured its a great way to break up the daily outfits. Cheers to my first week. Here is a list of all the participants.

1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?
When I wake up on school days, I lay in my bed for a few mintues to think about what to wear for the day. I decide by mentally going through my clothes and deciding what I feel like wearing. I usually have a good grasp of what is in my closet. My mood totally effects my outfit choice because some days when I just want to be comfy and forget about fashion, I tend to gravitate towards a tunic and leggings and uggs. Eek! 

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month,
weekend?

When I am feeling particularly stylish, I will go to my closet and try on new combinations. A few years ago, I began taking pictures of my outfits and cataloging them on my computer. When I started to tell people this, they thought I was foolish. My family got a good laugh out of this. But it is because of this, that I started a blog


I will say that when I go out on the weekend, I plan outfits in advance in my head. I try to think of different combinations. Sometimes if it is an occasion where there will be lots of picture taking, such as a sorority alum event or a concert, I will plan my outfits waaay in advance. While I would like to plan my outfits way in advance, but my mood also has a lot to do with what to wear. 


For example, I am going to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys Concert in June and I already have an outfit planned. Yes I know, this is a little over-prepared but I like it. You are talking to the girls who practices packing before I actually pack a suitcase, just to make sure I am using the space most efficiently! 





3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already
worn so you don't repeat?

Blogging actually has helped with this dillema. Usually when I see the outfit I wore, I can usually tell you what I did, what lesson I taught or who I saw on that day. By blogging my outfits I am able to track changes in my style and also make sure not to repeat outfits too often or with the same group of people. Snaps to bloggging. 



4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
(Trial try-ons?  Hanging items together?)

I have to admit to having trial try-ons. I usually blast my music and go wild. My closet is currently spread out through 3 different rooms, so its usually an event when I want to have trials. I also make sure that I have my hair and make up on so I get a read sense of what the outfit will look like. It's a great way to try different styles and to experiment. I was never a girly-girl growing up, so I think of this as catching up on all that lost time that I never played dress up! 







5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do
to cut down your dressing time?

I need to make sure everything in my closet is visible and easily accessable. This will definately cut down on the time I spend searching through things. I also need to start tracking what I let people borrow so I know where my clothes end up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment