Sunday, January 30, 2011

Here I Go Again...

I am attempting Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 challenge. If you are not familiar with it, you choose 30 items (including shoes) and try to make 30 different outfits from them. Also, you do not shop for 30 days. I tried this in the fall but I failed. So, here I go again!

This time I am more strategic about the clothes I am choosing and I am making my own ammendments.

Here are my ammendments to Kendi's rules:

  1.  I go skiing every weekend, so weekends when I ski do not count towards my 30 items. So I will still be wearing the appropriate clothes and my apres-ski sweaters. 
  2. On weekends that I do not go skiing, I will try try tryyyyy my best to follow 30 for 30. 
  3. Winter weather advisory--I do live in New England where we have a new blizzard every week. Therefore, if it is a blizzard or redic weather, I can chance my outfit accordingly (such as adding warmer boots or add another layer). 
And now, my wardrobe for the next thirty days: 


Yes, I know, there are only 24 items. The other six items are in the wash/haven't been chosen yet. I'm thinking of adding another pair of shoes, 2 pairs of jeans, and some other things. Who know! It begins on February 1. 

HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN (cue Whitesnake music) 

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE your flowered dress! for reals. good luck girl! i'm not daring enough to go for it. maybe someday:)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I think you can do it, especially now that you've rationalized the need to sometimes bend the rules. It's a great idea in theory, but you gotta be realistic when you're living in New England winter!! Excited to read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete