Monday, February 21, 2011

donorschoose.org

Today I decided to post about something real. Not that my daily outfits are not real, but you know.



As many of you know, I teach in a city in Massachusetts that is a high poverty area. Ninety-eight percent of our students receive free and reduced lunch. Our funds are limited as far as supplies and essentials go. More and more of us are paying for essentials such as paper and pencils out of our own pocket. Recently, I discovered donorschoose.org. It is a website that allows teachers to post projects that they need funded. The donors choose specific classrooms that they want to be funded. The donation is tax deductable. As a thank-you, the donor receives thank you letters from the students and teacher as well as pictures of the students using the product that you funded.


After reading all of that, if you are interested in learning more about my project (or donating to my classroom), click here.

If my project is already completely funded, here is one of my fellow third grade team mates.

Thank you in advance.

1 comment: